CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day


FATHER'S DAY


This is Father's Day, but where is my father?

where is the man that fashion me in my mother's womb?

I need your hug father,I need your smile

I need to look in your eyes , to see if yours are the same color as mine.

I search faces on the streets,looking for one that resembles mine. I smile at fathers;

hoping my smile will remind you of the woman you slept with

when I was conceived....my mother.


Father, where are you ?Do you ever think about me?

Do you remember the night I was conceived?Do you know or care about the hurt ,

the pain of not knowing you?

Did your father do the same to you?


I thank God that He allows us to call Him 'Father'

I thank God that He promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

I know with all my heart and soul that my heavenly Father cares for me.

PJ.SCHLOSS.

1 comments:

DeAna said...

this is a touching poem. I am a single mother of 2 children and have heard my daughter speak words so similar to this. Their father's decision to be absent is not one that I can claim as my own... that is his burden to bare. And, although my children bare it with him, I pray that God gives me the wisdom, love, patience & attentiveness to raise my them in a way pleasing to our Heavenly Father.

My children know our TRUE Father is always there for them. They know the love He has for them. And I pray that the man they call dad draws near to God and reaches out to his children.